Sailing Alberg Home

This blog will be used to chronicle the adventures of two middle-aged brothers who, along with a couple of friends, intend to re-furbish an Alberg 30 sailboat currently in Shelburne, Vermont and then sail her to Halifax, Nova Scotia, a distance of approximately 1250 miles.

Name:
Location: St. Margaret's Bay, Nova Scotia, Canada

Friday, July 21, 2006

Almost ready



For the past three days, 2 friends and I have been working like beavers to get the Sapphira ready to launch on August 1st. Dennis sanded the bottom, and turned blue in the process, while Bruce cleaned and I worked on the bilge pump and the engine bed. Since then, Bruce and Dennis painted the bottom, and the boot stripe and we all cleaned the above-water hull. Then we dropped the engine into place, and installed the dodger. (Sorry for the lack of photos, but I won't be able to upload them for a couple of days.)

Now, on Friday the 21st, Bruce and Dennis have returned to Rhode Island and Massachusetts and I have almost finished the installation of the rebuilt Atomic 4. Tomorrow morning I'll spend a couple of hours working on the electrical wiring, cleaning the interior again, and setting up some work for the yard to complete before we launch. Then I have to drive to Toronto, Ottawa and back to Halifax.

The plan remains the same; the yard will launch the Sapphira on August 1st, we will arrive August 2nd and we'll sail on August 4th.

I'll keep posting, and upload some fabulous photos of the work in progress as soon as I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home