Sailing Alberg Home

This blog will be used to chronicle the adventures of two middle-aged brothers who, along with a couple of friends, intend to re-furbish an Alberg 30 sailboat currently in Shelburne, Vermont and then sail her to Halifax, Nova Scotia, a distance of approximately 1250 miles.

Name:
Location: St. Margaret's Bay, Nova Scotia, Canada

Monday, May 22, 2006

Engine issues




May 22, 2006

The issue that I'm currently focussed on is the engine, or more importantly how to put it back in running condition. The engine is an Atomic 4 gasoline engine. I purchased a used engine in Maine with the intention of overhauling it and replacing the engine currently in the boat. However, now I have been advised by our proposed parts supplier that we should overhaul the engine currently in the boat and use the older engine for parts. This means that I will have to travel to Shelburne, Vermont (a 13 hour drive), remove the engine and drive home again. The only time I have available to do the trip is next Sunday through Wednesday. I guess I'd better start planning that trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home